Wonder why I haven't been updating?? My brand new laptop crashed...no idea how that happened but its getting fixed ASAP! Brb to respond to other bloggers when the problem is resolved :)
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wonder why I haven't been updating?? My brand new laptop crashed...no idea how that happened but its getting fixed ASAP! Brb to respond to other bloggers when the problem is resolved :)
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
After all the procrastination and me saying I was going to go, I made my way there last night. The picture above is what I took of Bohemian Caverns, but I didn't go in lol. I was suppose to go, but they didn't have the poetry night, it was the band and I had my sights on some poetry. I did go to the restaurant above it called Mahogany and its sooooo delicious (I recommend trying the Jerk Chicken Pasta). And I ALSO found out the name of the hole in the wall soulfood place. It's called OOHHs and Aahhs Soulfood and Things... it's on the same block as Bohemian Caverns. I ALSO found out where Jin was and it looks like a nice spot. I may have to go there sometime this weekend. I ended the night off with Busboys and Poets and as my first time going there, I LOVED IT! The book worm that I am, I went STRAIGHT to the books and I was overwhelmed, not even gonna lie LOL. It was getting late around the time I arrived at Busboys so I didn't get to search through the books, but I plan on going back tonight to just sit down, relax, and read and browse the net on my laptop... I can't wait :). I'll be the first to say... DC is looking pretty ALRIGHT to me lol. I love U Street and I love Adams Morgan... where else do I need to visit??
Monday, July 14, 2008
My weekend was alright. Aside from working, I went to this go-go party in Oxon Hill and it was pretty fun. Of course they played a whole load of go-go music, but I still had some fun. Here's some pics (out of the thousands I took and put on facebook):
Me and my homegirl Danielle
Me, Niiki, and Penny
No clue why Brandon was looking at me like that LOL
I'm actually extremely excited about this week for work. The hOOters in Baltimore is having a "Firemen's Week" and they've asked managers from all hOOters in the DMV area to transfer like 15 girls down there, all gas and hotel expenses paid for. I'm going to be down there from Wed through Fri and I can't wait!!! I'll be making tons of money and having fun in bmore :)
Since I LOVE surveys I decided to steal this one from 1980 lol
Ten random things about me...
1. I know the whole dance to Michael Jackson' "Thriller"
2. I played softball during high school (A LOT of people don't know that about me)
3. My favorite colors are lavender and pink but I don' wear them
4. I'm afraid of pitch darkness
5. I'm obsessed with Gummy Bears and not just any old kind cause I'm picky. I like the ones in the gold packet
6. If I could make one celebrity my love slave for a day I'd choose Mario LOL
7. I'm a momma's girl
8. I want to work for Diddy one day lol until then I'll settle for having my own Public Relations firm
9. The first song I sang that made me want to be a singer (but not anymore lol) was Brandy's "I Wanna Be Down"
10. I'm trying to be the shortest runway model on Vera Wang's shows (I'm only 5ft6 and most girls are like 5ft10 and taller)
Nine ways to win my heart...
1. Cook for me. The key to MY heart is a good homecooked meal
2. Make me laugh till I cry
3. Have confidence. I don't care if you look scraggly, haven't had a haircut in 3 weeks and you have a meeting with the President... work that afro lol
4. Don't be jealous. I get hit on and looked out at work and outside of work... you can't get mad and want to fight every single guy that does that. A lot of jealousy is a sign of insecurity... a little jealousy is ok, we're all human
5. Be boring. I like guys that don't mind staying home and making it a movie night sometimes. I can't handle you if you party aaaalllll the time.
6. Have as much passion in music and fashion as I do. You don't have to know who Carolina Herrera is but some fashion sense can work
7. Be good with my mom. From the boyfriends that have met my mom, she's ALWAYS been able to scoop out the ones that were going to end out being wack. I always value her opinion when it comes to boyfriends. She's a little hard on you at first cause of course she's my mother, but she's like a 21 year old at heart lol
8. Don't be clingy. I hate clingy and it's a major turn off
9. Tell me that your favorite baseball team is the Yankees/Braves, favorite football team is the Eagles/Redskins (I'm kinda two sided even though they're rivals lol) and favorite basketball team is Heat/Wizards
Eight things I want to do before I die...
1. Travel the world
2. Open up a nonprofit home for the poor and teach them vocational skills while finding them jobs to get them off the streets
3. Meet Oprah/Jay Z & Beyonce
4. Open up my PR firm
5. Get married to a wonderful man and have beautiful children
6. Become fluent in Spanish, Italian, French, Creole, and Swahili
7. Help my mom get a Day Spa/Beauty Salon
8. Be a featured model in Essence Magazine
Seven ways to annoy me...
1. Talk to me when I'm mad... you may think talking to me while I'm mad is going to settle things, but you're not gonna get much out of me
2. Tell me how to live my life
3. Not be on time for something... I can't STAND being late
4. Tell me that my dreams are ridiculous
5. Touch a black woman's radio LOL
6. Say you're gonna do something but don't do it
7. Tickle me... I want to be hypnotized so I'm not ticklish anymore because if anything, I think I'm the most ticklish person in the world
Six things I believe in...
2. That if I work really hard, I can do anything that I dream of
3. Networking and knowing people in high places gets you extremely far
4. The golden rule "Do onto others as you would want them to do onto you"
5. Living life everyday as if it were on purpose
6. Good and faithful men ARE out there
Five things I am afraid of...
1. Loosing my family
3. Insects. When I went camping last year and we actually had to sleep in a sleeping bag and everything... I thought I was going to die lol
4. Having to put all my ambitions on hold
5. Pitch darkness
Four of my favorite things...
1. This pink carebear my father bought me years ago
2. My iPod collection
3. Favorite people: My friends and family
Three things I do everyday...
1. The daily hygienic chores: brush teeth, wash face, take shower
3. Get on my laptop and check email, myspace, facebook, etc
Two things I want to do right now...
1. Go to U street and get me some soul food from that one hole-in-the-wall joint
2. Stop being lazy and get my emissions test for my car
One person I want to see right now...
1. I just want a BIG family reunion and see my family from my mom and dads side, plus my grandfather that passed away 3 years ago :( RIP
Friday, July 11, 2008
I use to be very poetic, but somewhere between senior year in high school and then college, I lost all my spunk and my muze. I use to write the hell out of love now... I rarely blog about it. I had a Xanga at one point and I was surprised to see that it was still up. Well, there was this poem that I thought was BEAUTIFUL and as soon as I wrote it on my blog... it died down, wasn't recognized from that point on. I decided to bring it back to life:
Lost in Translation (inspiration)
Lost in translation (cycles)
I think of him.
a velvety shade of midnight accented with French truffles
an old English style, elegant like Old England ruffles
yeah, loving him is an occupation,
his shade breeds roots deeper than the emancipation
issued around the oak tree,
my country tis of thee, rings liberties from his mysterious brown eyes, his eyes, civilizes my society, my reality
breaking myths of an arctic heart, barriers rupture, love is harnessed
a relationship emerges through the translation of words.
We’re playing four letter scrabble; what I said he heard,
his eyes gave truth to his heart’s babble.
I check my watch. He manages to monopolize my thoughts.
at first sight of his person
first shared syllable of his banter
first touch of his hand
first taste of his lips
first rhythm in which our hearts share a similar frequency
we now, caress each other mentally frequently no words needed.
A couple of years relationship experienced but not needed,
Black Armani tuxedo pants pleated, off-white, hand-made wedding dress forecast innocence depleted in a sense, repentance granted an immaculate purity
rings exchange now just a reflection of me,
definition of unity
the translation of understanding
Fixing my dress I wondered what we are doing…it’s so surreal right now.
Marriage rushes by. Honey moon never ceases
after four children, one possessing his name
and our beautiful faces are creasing, it’s never a bad time for our love,
Everyday is pleasing
peace is achieved as our off spring flies the coop
Our perfect communication which was overtaken by
lavish occupations is finally overcame,
remember when sex was our Tylenol
we rather indulge in Coca-Cola for the remote traces
love is etched in the wrinkles of our faces but never in the finger tips of our touch
slowly together isolated we’re dying.
We embrace each other as if I’m returning to his rib like Adam and Eve,
He becomes my breath,
we return to formal glory, death brings a vivid life, translating our lost relationship into husband and wife
of a new stature.
Our friends become envious of the perfection we’ve created and they can’t have,
our love transcends reality delegating our problems to a passing storm, or gently breeze. We constantly freeze, A Kodak picture ready for an eternal life portrait.
Our Death portrays, perfection, engraved with a century of moments.
My phone rings, I hear your deep voice. “Hey.” Funny I was just thinking about you. I think I’m ready.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
He's a fool and I love it! lol
Supposedly this is an informercial for Absolute Vodka... and he's being for real. I'd have to say this is the ONLY guy (aside from Pharrell) that I'd say can walk around with a big tote bag and still look fly LOL
Go to http://www.bekanyenow.com/
Since I haven't done a MeMe in a MINUTE, I came across one on Ed the Celeb's site and I had to jack it lol
7 DEADLY Sins...
1. Who did you last get angry with? My manager Kevin
2. What is your weapon of choice? I'm a lover not a figher haha
3. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex? Yea, not seriously though, although I have before
4. How about of the same sex? umm... why not?? lol nah, but that was back then, I'm too grown for all that seriously
5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you? hmmm... Emmanuel
6. What is your pet peeve? bad hygiene... YUCK
7. Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily? I've said this before but after a long argument, I'd probably say something funny and then the mood would be lightened... I've held only one grudge my whole life and it's reasonable believe me
1. What is one thing you’re supposed to do daily that you haven’t done in a long time? Eat healthy... its hard being a waitress
2. What is the latest you’ve ever woken up? probably 2pm... LONG night
3. Who have you been meaning to contact, but haven’t? My father
4. What is the last lame excuse you made? I ate something really bad and couldn't work but in reality, I got "drunk" for the first and LAST time and had a bad hang over for 2 days straight (trust me... I can't drink anymore after that)
5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through (one of the long ones…)? LOL yea the ones about a meat cutter hahaa it was sooo interesting!!
6. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today? LOL I'm off wed thru friday so no snooze today! But on average like 3 times because the snooze is only 10 minutes long
1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice? Hmmm juice, I don't buy expensive juice unless it's lke Figi water.
2. Meat eaters are…: ANIMAL KILLERS!! lol sike nah... I'm a meat eater so who cares?? I dont eat pork though, and rarely beef
3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you’ve had in one sitting/outing/event? When I got drunk for the first time, I had only 6 drinks (2 shots of Patron, 1 shot of Vodka, 1 Washinton Apple, One Melon Wall, One shot of something the bartender made)... what messed me up was the fact that I had a Washington Apple and if you're a bartender, you know that it has Crown Royal in it... DARK LIQUOR so yea, that's not the most. I had 8 drinks and I was fine (2 melon ball, 2 amaretto sours, 1 sex on the beach, 1 blow job, 1 buttered nipple, and a Hypnotiq cranberry). I'm not an alcoholic, only drink every once in a while but yea... lol
4. Have you ever used a professional diet company? NOO
5. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods or spicy foods? Spicy
1. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of your gender of choice during a normal conversation? LOL on a girl, I work at Hooters... nuff said. I'm not a lesbian/bisexual or anything, but at the same time, it's funny but we're always comparing... yea... haha. For a guy not during a normal a* conversation haha
2. What is your favorite body part on a person of your gender of choice? I like abs. A lot of guys take time on their arms, chest, and legs, but the abs seem to be the least important
3. Have you ever been made a proposition by a prostitute? eww NOO
4. Have you ever had to get tested for an STD or pregnancy? I FAITHFULLY get tested for an STD and I've thankfully haven't had to take a pregnancy test
5. Is love at first sight really lust? HECKK yea!
1. How many credit cards do you own? None, I had one and never again lol
2. What’s your guilty pleasure store? I had to steal this one and say Victoria's Secret and Fredricks of Hollywood
3. If you had $1 million, what would you do with it? Invest invest, invest... and give much of it to my mom
4. Would you rather be rich or famous? hmmm... with fam comes riches... so famous
5. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks? Nah, can't do it. I HAVE to have a stimulating job that I enjoy no matter what
6. Have you ever stolen anything? We're all sinners
7. How many mp3s are on your hard drive? OMG has to be thousands
1. What is one thing you have done that you’re most proud of? Graduated from high school and became the first person in my family to go to college... and I'm almost done. PLUS, I broke this pregnancy cycle... everyone in my family has gotten pregnant before their 18th birthday enabling them to go to college... I broke the cycle, now my cousin graduated last year without a baby attending THE Ohio State and my sister is on her way :)
2. What’s one thing you’ve done that your parents are most proud of? The first question answers
3. What thing would you like to accomplish in your life? Having my own company and instead of me going to people to be their PR, having them come to me :) *superstar status!*
4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place? 2nd is better than nothing, 1st is great, but being 2nd, you still get some kind of recognition, especially on American Idol. Many of the ppl that won were like one hot wonders, but those that came in 2nd... STILL doing it big
5. Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors? Yea
6. Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score? LOL yess
7. What did you do today that you’re proud of? I didn't really do anything special :/
1. What item (or person) of your friends would you most want to have for yourself? I want a Benz... and I will get it!
2. Who would you want to go on Trading Spaces with? oooo I dunno Emmanuel?
3. If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be? I'd have to say the editor of Essence Magazine... I love her life right now lol
4. Have you ever been cheated on? Yea :(
5. Have you ever cheated? Yea... never do that again
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
3) I broke my beautiful camera a week and a half a go at a party and... I had to buy a new one. Honestly... I LOVE IT!! LOL I have this new thing called the "Many Faces of Tiara"... I was playing around but it's hot!
4) If I could only have one best friend for the rest of my life, I'd choose my sister. We're >>>>likethis<<<<<
5) I need to invest in a treadmile... on the outside I dont look like I'm out of shape, but I tried to move a TV upstairs and it didn't go anywhere LOL
6) I soooo wanna delete my myspace... facebook is so much better.
7) I need to sell my car pronto! If I had a choice between a car and my own place... I'd take my own place...
8) About my blog crush lol... I shall never tell!! Outside of those clues I gave, it's kinda obviously, kinda not. If you can guess, I GUESSS I'll tell you... I GUESSS lol but you only get one try.
9) Dag, I have a taste for some 10 piece, naked, grilled daytona sauced wings from hOOTers... and the steamed shrimp!
10) If ONLY you knew what I was thinking!
Ok... so here are some photos:
This is part of my "Many Faces of Tiara" LOL
My family from L to R... My little sister (15), my mother, my grandpa's wife, and me
Me, my sister and her best friend... GOOFY like we always are lol
I JUST found out that my grandfather is Haitian so I had to rep at the DC Carnival. I'm part Haitian, part British, part North Korean, part Cherokee Indian, and part african... LOL a MUT!
Me and my best friend for ever and ever lol repin Haiti
The FLYEST hOOter girls o Washington, D.C. lol
Thursday, July 3, 2008
MANNNN ya'll had some good questions so here we go:
One Soulful Negro:
If you had to be someone else, someone close to you or a day, who would it be and why?
I would be my mother. Like I've said, she's been through A LOT and I've heard stories, but I want to know how she experienced it through her eyes. She say her life is harder right now than it is for me... I totally disagree
what do you believe is your best quality?
Hmm.. that's a good one... physically or mentally? Physically I'd say my mind. Of course there are other physical things about me that are really great but HONESTLY, many people are so selfish with this question that they don't even acknowledge their mind, their wisdom and ability to learn. Mentally I have a great sense of humor. It allows me to not be able to keep a grudge over someone for more than 2 hrs and to also be able to adapt to different personalities, no matter how difficult they are to get along with.
what is your idea of a perfect date?
I'm pretty simple, old fashion, and romantic. The perfect date would have to be driving to a place with an amazing view at night(which is HARD to find in DC/Maryland/Virginia), and having a nice little picnic just me and him. That's the perfect place because it allows us to be intimate and talk to each other without the clutter of life's stresses. The view clears your mind and gives you the opportunity to tell your life story. It's perfect... and I've never experienced that EVER :( LOL
What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
HAHA this is a good question. I HAVE no secret weapon. Really... I'm just my one-in-a-million self and apparently that's enough because it's like every guy that I've met has INSTANTLY fell in lust with me. I can't even explain it and it erks my nerves sometimes, but I'm just me. I'm not a good flirter hahaha I laugh and smile allllllll the time, I guess that's me flirting.
One celebrity you would do ANYTHING for?
WILL FREAKIN SMITH!!!!!! I love love LOVE me some Mr. Smith lol
Name the one cd you will never get tired of?
ooooo that's a good one! It's a tie between Bobby Valentino's- (Self Titled) and Erykah Badu's Mama's Gun. Those are the only songs were I can listen to them without skipping over a song.
If there is one quality you look for in a person your interested in what would that quality be? and why?
If I said looks weren't everything, I'd be lying, but that's not the ONE quality I look for. Though I'd have to be physically attracted to him, the ultimate neccessity is humor. I'm a person that starts busting out laughing when I just got through arguing with someone over something extremely serious... if I can't laugh everyday, I'd go OUT OF MY MIND. I need a guy that can keep up with me and no be serious all the time. There's a time a place to be serious, of course, but I'm a ha ha funny girl lol. I need a ha ha funny guy
Eb the Celeb
name one relationship you wish you could go back and do over
OOOOO that touches the heart lol. I wouldn't go back to ANY of my past relationships. They were in the past and I want to keep it that way because most of them were pure hell for me, though there is ONE that I'd go back to and never happen again. I won't say names because he's on my facebook and might come to my blog from time to time, but he knows who he is. I was with this guy for like 8 months on and off my sophomore/junior year in high school. I thought I was in love, felt it was love, but it wasn't. He was a compulsive cheater/liar that just didn't know how to tell the truth sometimes. I'd ask him what color the sky was and it would be blue but he's convience me otherwise that it was right red. I wasted my time with him because he was emotionally abusive. Never laid a hand on me, but being with him brought my self esteem WAY down. I felt that he was the only one for me for the longest, then found out that he was dated one of my good friends while we were going to different schools. I was crushed. There are other factors, BIG factors that changed my life forever that he did to me... but I will NOT go that route. Maybe in another blog, but this isn't the time. It's hard for me to talk about even 5 years later.
whats the one place you want to go before you die
That's a hard one. I just want to be able to travel alll continents before I die. That's all I ask for, especially Europe.
what about life puzzles you
RELIGION. I have sooo many questions about religion and he fact that there are enormous amounts of different religions... it confuses me. And religion factors off other questions like... how did we get on this earth, why are we here, where do we go when we die???
5 qualities your dream guy has to have
Sense of humor
LOVE of music
Knowldgeable and Wise...I HAVE to have an intelligent conversation with him
Has a BIG heart... When he meets my family, they can see right through him, he's gotta have a BIG heart because that's number one for them
hahaha I'm gonna be a sore loser and not tell.. it's a crush!! lol I will say that he is apart of my blogring and he lives in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area (that's all I'm gonna say and it' hard to figure it out because many of the guys in my blogring are from the area)
why did you start blogging?
I have NO CLUE why I started blogging LOL. I guess because I love writing and I have a lot to say. What better way to say it in front of the public? lol but seriously, the whole purpose of this blog is for my pleasure. It's a good way for people to get to know you and a good way to know other people.