About SistaSocialite

My photo
You can call me a shy-socialite. I'm a cool person that loves to have fun... caring, humble, humorous, etc... Fashion + setting trends is my thing... my niche... my passion... I'm a socialite:: What did u expect?

Song/ Clip of the Week



BIG FOOT!!!!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ok... Time to Lighten Up the Mood

So... my last entry was depressing LOL. I had a lot on my mind and it seems like blogging is a great way to release it :). Now it's time to write about something happier haha.

Well, I've lately been on the Neo-Soul tip. I love everything about Neo-Soul, D.C. (besides freakin go-go), is filled with Neo-Soul and people that love the music as well. There's this place off the U Street called Bohemian Cavern. I love it. Every Wednesday they have open mic poetry and singing. I went there when there was a artist doing a mini concert and it was pretty hot. I felt like I was in Love Jones (My favorite movie by the way). I kind of went on a break from Hip-Hop and all I listen to on my car on the way to work is my Neo-Soul CD mix, Raheem DeVaughn, etc. I love it. I decided to dedicate this post to some of my favorite Neo-Soul songs:

Dwele-Old Lovas - Dwele



The Fact Is (I Need You) - Jill Scott



For Real - Amel Larrieux



On and On (A Capella) - Erykah Badu



Didnt Cha Know - Erykah Badu



Believe - Raheem DeVaughn



Marathon (All Night Long) - Raheem DeVaughn



Love Calls - Kem



Butterflykisses - Goapele



Musiq Soulchild - Previouscats - Musiq Soulchild



Tell Him - Lauryn Hill



Its Getting Late - Floetry



Good Man - India Arie



Far Away - Kindred the Family Soul



Fortunate - Maxwell





And there's sooooo many more...



Today is Neo-Soul day... it's an official holiday LOL

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Bohemian Caverns! Such a mellow vibe there. I'm going this thursday for the J Davey show. Can't wait!!

3 more weeks till the new Dwele drops!!!

Charles said...

I need to hear some more Dwele...

. said...

i LOVE dwele.

love jones is one of my favorite movies as well. its funny i've wanted to fall in love like that ever since i've seen that movie. the break-up, the reconciliation, the sex, it all. that movie has been such a force for me.

oh and i work right down the street from the bohemian caverns. real mellow vibe there.

& why don't you like go-go?

dessex said...

man I love dwele I heard he had a new cd coming out. I'm bout to throw him in the cd right now.

SistaSocialite said...

@1980- Yea BC is pretty nice. I can't wait to go back next wednesday.

@charles- go get his last CD and the one coming in a couple of weeks! It's gonna be hot :)

@one soulful negro- You know what... I kinda wanted a relationship like Love Jones too haha, that's weird! I like some go-go, but a lot of it is a mess!! I hate when the radio plays it at the same time too! LOL

@dessec- U better buy the CD in 3 weeks too! lol