About SistaSocialite

My photo
You can call me a shy-socialite. I'm a cool person that loves to have fun... caring, humble, humorous, etc... Fashion + setting trends is my thing... my niche... my passion... I'm a socialite:: What did u expect?

Song/ Clip of the Week



BIG FOOT!!!!

Friday, June 6, 2008

MeMe Friday!!

The difficult I’ll do right now,

the impossible will take a little while

I took this MeMe last year and I thought I'd do it again, see if some of my answers changed:

This one is called top 5:

1. What are five TV shows that you love to watch?
House, America's Next Top Model, (guilty pleasure) Drake and Josh, Anything on HGTV, and Anything on the Travel Channel

2. What are the last five books you have read?
Harlem on Lock by (forgot the author)
Love is Never Painless by Zane
Office Girls (forgot the author)
A Gangster's Girl Saga- Chunichi
Hood- Nore
(I need some better fiction novels... any suggestions?)

3. Name five friends from your childhood.
Tara, Brittney, Caley, Kimberly, and Amber

4. What are your favorite five bath & beauty products?
Organic Shea Butter from the local flea market, my loofah sponge, my vegetarian facial wash from
Lush (herbalism), Lotta Colatta lip gloss from Victoria's Secret, and my signature fragrance Escada Island Kiss.

5. Name five things about you or that you have done in your life that might surprise other people.
a) I grew up poor
b) People don't know that I'm in Hip-Hop like hardcore... I love everything about Hip Hop, the culture, the music, the graffiti (and when I say Hip-Hop I don't mean this commercial stuff they got out... that's not Hip-Hop!). I know all the lyrics to Biggie's and Tupac's hottest songs... it's crazy. Guys in the clubs look at me like... Whaaaa?? when they see me rapping "One More Chance" LOL
c) I can sing, like BLOW... but that was middle school/high school, I don't sing anymore, I gave that up. When I was in 7th grade, I sang for
Jazze Pha and he LOVED me, but I was EXTREMELY shy back then so my singing career wasn't gonna happen. It's funny cause my mom saw him like 2 weeks ago and he asked about me... I left a good impression ain't that something??
d) I'm a Hooter's girl at the Hooters in Chinatown, D.C. I was one my freshman year, and then I came back for the summertime. It erks my nerves how some people think we're strippers and we have no morals in life. It's a job like any other job and quite frankly, it's the best job I've ever had cause the managers aren't uptight and we can dance, sing, whatever... our job is to have fun and make people's visits fun as well. But we don't take our clothes off and we definitely don't make stripper money like people think we do... YEA RIGHT! LOL
e) I want to be an interior designer. My mom thinks I'm kidding but I'm soo serious! Yea, I major in Public Relations, but I minor in Studio Art... what, they think I'm minoring in Art for my health?? LOL no... to understand art, color, form, volume, etc...
f) ***BONUS**** IM A GEEK!! lol I was a geek in high school, I'm a geek now, but people don't believe me. Come on, I read a new book every 3 days, and it's never the same topics, I can read African-American fiction, Non Fiction, comic books, cook books, traveling books, reference books, AP style dictionaries, etc... I love to read.

3 comments:

brandi said...

You work at Hooters?? I love their wings! There is this girl who works there who kinda dogged my friend so my boyfriend and him like to go up there and terrorize her lol

. said...

i soooooooooooo look forward to your "meme fridays". i love getting to know more about people.

i can so see you singing. do you not sing at all or just that isn't your passion?

hooters? good times. not my favorite restaurant, but still as long as you like it, f**k what others think.

i am slowly becoming a hip-hop head. well maybe not a head, but i love the culture, it has always inspired me.

SistaSocialite said...

@philospher- lol yea, some girls treat the younger people like crap, but that gets them no where. I treat everyone equal cause I don't need no enemies at Hooters haha

@one soulful negro- I LOVE MEME's! I might even create a blog dedicated to memes. I sing from time to time and it's still a passion for me, but as far as trying to get a record deal, I gave up. I'll do it for pleasure like go to a "bohemian cavern" type place and sing or something, but I don't want to be famous anymore lol.... isn't Hip-Hop amazing though??